Airlie Beach Festival of Music
Friday, 10 November - Sunday, 12 November, 2017
Various venues at Airlie Beach, Queensland
One day Pass - $137.50
Three Day Pass - $254.50
The Airlie Beach Festival of Music is fast becoming a main stay of the music calendar for any music fan. Currently in its fifth year the festival takes place throughout the town of Airlie Beach. Over three days Airlie Beach swings to a kaleidoscope of sounds. Performances happen at the main stage located at The Whitsundays Sailing Club and at bars and clubs throughout the town, bringing a vibrant atmosphere to the whole of Airlie Beach.
The festival caters for baby boomers through to millennials with performers drawn from across the age spectrum, making for an interesting mix of styles. This year features Kate Ceberano, Sneaky Sound System, Leo Sayer and The Baby Animals.
Airlie Beach is the gateway to the Whitsundays with the region boasting spectacular scenery and abundant activities. Try paragliding or exploring the many natural attractions such as the Great Barrier Reef and Hamilton Island whilst you’re in town.
When it comes time to relaxing Airlie Beach has a large variety of restaurants and bars where you can meet and socialise or just sit back and soak up the seaside ambience. From seafood at Salt Seafood Bar and Grill to vegan cuisine at Café One 3 you are sure to find a restaurant that meets your tastes.
Golden Chain Accommodation in the area:
Whitsunday on the Beach – 269 Shute Harbour Road, Airlie Beach Queensland
Phone: 1800 724 270
A & A Motel Proserpine – 156 Main Street, Proserpine, Queensland
Phone: 1800 023 966
Things to do in the region:
- The Whitsundays region boasts world class scuba diving. Why not take the chance to learn to scuba dive or get back into scuba diving while visiting Airlie Beach. Take in the rainbow of colours and diversity of nature that the Great Barrier Reef has to offer.
- Set out from Airlie Beach for a day cruise of the Whitsundays aboard a glass bottomed boat. See one of the great natural wonders of the world up close.
- Venture into the hinterland and visit Conway National Park. Take in the rainforest covered mountains, hidden beaches and pristine waterfalls that make a visit to the Whitsundays region a trip to remember.
- Cast a line on a fishing charter and catch the fish of the day. Whitsunday Fishing Charters has fishing tours that leave daily from Abel Point Marina Airlie Beach.
- Learn to sail or take a yacht charter and let the breeze carry you through the breathtaking islands and reefs of the Whitsundays.
- Dive in to Airlie Beach Lagoon and cool off surrounded by palms trees, majestic mountains and views to the islands of the Great Barrier Reef.
- Get your adrenaline pumping and fly to earth surrounded by the spectacular islands and the crystal blue waters of the Whitsundays at Airlie Beach Skydive
For devoted music lovers the Airlie Beach Festival of Music offers a three day pass. The pass allows you to see all the acts for one price.
Take advantage of the evening shuttle buses if you’re out late listening to music or just having a good time. Shuttle buses loop through town and stop at hotels and resorts as requested by patrons.
Wear comfortable light clothing and footwear so you can move around easily and have the most enjoyable experience possible.
Remember to stay hydrated and drink plenty of liquids.
Most of all relax and have a good time.