Tastes of the Bay
Nelson Bay’s Food and Wine Festival, NSW
November 2nd to 4th, 2018.
Next event – Dates to be confirmed for November 2019.
Teramby Road, Nelson Bay
Prices vary according to events
A festival of flavours and quavers!
This November “Tastes at the Bay” proudly presented by Seabreeze Hotel, invites you to savour the flavours and the quavers with three days of fun, food, wine and jazz in the Nelson Bay CBD and Apex Park. Get your feet tapping and your taste buds dancing at this popular annual bayside bash!
Choose from a range of events over the three days to suit the whole family… from Tattinger Champagne with Oysters and the Winemaker’s Dinner at the Nelson Bay Golf Club, to a Jazz Luncheon Cruise.
Its free entry so get your groove on with some hot jazz. Enjoy food stalls, music from Local and Hunter Valley wines, face painting, craft beer from Murrays Brewery, fresh local seafood, street entertainment and more “yum yum, sip sip, shooby-do-wops” than you can poke a stick at!
One of the featured events is the “Tastes at the Bay” Jazz Luncheon Cruise aboard Moonshadow IV on Saturday 4th November. Enjoy champagne on arrival, 3 course luncheon, and live toe tapping Jazz music. Local and Hunter Valley wines will be available as well as craft beer from our local Murrays Brewery.
A new addition this year is the “Tasters Trail” a progressive afternoon at leisure which includes a taster plate and accompanying beverage at selected restaurants.
Golden Chain Accommodation in the area:
Tea Gardens Country Club Motel – 2a Yalinbah Street, Tea Gardens, 2324. Ph: 1800 634 790.
Things to do in the region:
- Popular for its 26 beautiful beaches and scenic waterways, Port Stephens makes for an ideal beach holiday with a lot of water activities to enjoy. Surfing beaches include One Mile Beach and Birubi Beach. Family friendly beaches include One Mile Beach and Boat Harbour.
- Go dolphin watching. One of the tour cruises that offers dolphin watching is the Moonshadow-TQC Cruise (www.moonshadow.com.au) at Nelson Bay. You can even get up close to a dolphin during a sunset kayak tour (www.paddleportstephens.com.au).
- Stroll along the Shoal Bay beachline to the top of the stunning views of Tomaree Headland.
- Go snorkelling or scuba diving at Fly Point at Halifax Park Aquatic Reserve. This place protects all marine and animal life so no fishing or shell collecting is permitted – just observing.
- Visit Myall Lakes National Park. Highlights include walking the Treachery Headland track and eating al fresco at the Black Oaks picnic area.
- Get some fun action with quad biking and sandboarding at Stockton Sand Dunes.
If you plan to bring along the family, be aware that not all events allow children. Make sure you check that your event is child friendly before purchasing tickets.
Be prepared and book your event tickets and accommodation early as they can be fully booked during festival time.
Always check the Visit NSW’s Port Stephens Food and Wine Festival page (www.visitnsw.com/destinations/north-coast/port-stephens-area/nelson-bay/events/tastes-the-bay-food-wine-and-jazz-festival) for information and updates.
Jazz music is abundant across the events so get in the mood by listening to some smooth jazz tunes on your way to Port Stephens!
Remember to pace yourself across the festival. As well as sampling all the good food and wine, don’t forget to hydrate with water in between all the deliciousness!